Safety At Home

Stay Safe Indoors

We use electricity and natural gas safely every day in our homes, from turning on the TV or radio, to switching on a light, playing video games or turning on the gas heat and cooking on a gas stove.

Sometimes, however, energy can be dangerous if not used properly and safely. Things like overloading a circuit can cause a fire or electric shock. Natural gas is burned, which means there is a fire on the stove when you're cooking.

Make sure you safeguard your home so that small children and pets stay safe too. Open outlets, cords and electrical items left unattended or easily accessed by small children and pets can become dangerous and deadly.