Check Equipment

Frayed Cords Graphic Check for frayed cords, broken plugs or damaged wires on all appliances. These hazards can cause an electrical shock or fire. Never touch electrical circuits, cords or plugs with bad insulation unless you are absolutely sure the power if OFF. If an appliance smokes or sparks, or if you feel a "tingle" or shock when operating an appliance, don't use it. Have the equipment replaced or repaired by a qualified service representative.

When using appliances with removable cords, always connect the cord to the appliance first, then plug it into the wall outlet. When disconnecting the appliance, unplug it from the wall outlet first, and then remove the cord from the appliance. Be sure to pull the plug, not the cord, because you could damage the wiring in the cord or its insulation.