A hand Iron consumes as much energy as ten 100-watt light bulbs. Here are several ways to increase Ironing efficiency:
- You can virtually eliminate ironing by buying no iron sheets and clothing.
- Use your washer/dryer's permanent press cycle.
- Remove clothing promptly from the dryer and hang it carefully to reduce the chore to just a touch-up. Iron large amounts of clothing at one time, beginning with low-temperature fabrics. You will reduce "warm-up" time and get the job done sooner.
- Prevent scorching and energy waste by not overheating the iron.
- Steam often removes wrinkles. Hang your clothes in the bathroom while you bathe and shower.
- Fold and smooth out sheets and pillowcases on top of the warm dryer to avoid ironing them.
- Be sure to turn off the iron when interrupted and when finished.