A hand Iron consumes as much energy as ten 100-wattlight bulbs. Here are several ways to increase Ironing efficiency:
- You can virtually eliminate ironing by buying no iron sheets and clothing. Use your washer/dryer's permanent-press cycle.
- Remove clothing promptly from the dryer and hang it carefully to reduce the chore to just a touch-up.
- Iron large amounts of clothing at one time, beginning with low- temperature fabrics. You will reduce warm - up time and get the job done sooner.
- Prevent scorching and energy waste by not overheating the iron.
- Steam often removes wrinkles. Hang your clothes in the bathroom while you bathe and shower.
- Fold and smooth out sheets and pillowcases on top of the warm dryer to avoid ironing them.
- Be sure to turn off the iron when interrupted and when finished.